Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NYC Digs: Brunch-tastic!

My first couple weeks in NYC were a wonderful introduction into the city. Working hard and playing harder. There is always something new and exciting to check out here, whether you are a local or a tourist you will always find a plethora of options to choose from. And hopefully you have great friends and a camera to accompany you to all the fun! I want to introduce a new series for The Embellished Life that I hope will quickly become a cult favorite! NYC Digs! Spotlighting great places to work, play, relax, eat and generally be merry while in The Big Apple. When I visited New York, before I lived here, I was always searching for options outside of The Zagat guide and Tourism Books to explore, but sometimes that is hard to find unless you start talking to locals on the streets. I'm hoping I can open your eyes to a fun and exciting world for you to explore inside this Concrete Jungle.

New York City is truly a city that can sweep you away with excitement, but on Sundays the whole city seems to honor one very important tradition...Brunch! Whether you are up for its kickoff at about 10 am or you sleep in until 5 pm or later (Yes, restaurants will still be serving Brunch that late), NYC brunch is like none other and something everyone should experience at least once...if not regularly.

{guestofaguest.com}

For my girlfriends birthday we headed to SoHo for a very fabulous Brunch at The Cupping Room Cafe...and I must say....they know how to do brunch! Starting with mimosa's and ending with a cake for my friends, complete with candle, we left happily fulfilled by our Brunch outing.

{Thanks Cupping Room!}

For those with a savory palate, I recommend going for the Eggs Benedict. I snagged a taste off my friends plate and it was stellar, perfect amount of Hollandaise Sauce and the best side fixin's.


And for those of you, like me, that live life in the sweet lane...Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes! Pancakes are my all time favorite food..pumpkin, chocolate chip, banana nut, I love them all. These were excellent and I loved the whole wheat option!

The Cupping Room Cafe managed to create a homey cafe feel while calling the Big City home.
It is a place we will definitely be returning to!


How do you Brunch my darlings?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

I have a question for the webmaster/admin here at livingembellished.blogspot.com.

Can I use some of the information from this blog post above if I give a link back to your site?

Thanks,
Harry

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails