Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I can pack for that. The Hamptons Edition

My dears the season of travel is upon us and I could not be more excited. Summer travel holds the best memories for me and I always love brainstorming new adventures for my friends and I, as we road trip around the States. The biggest problem when it comes to vacationing, is the packing. How do you pack just enough so you can change outfits and be prepared for anything...and not drag your whole house with you? Well darlings after watching Something Borrowed this weekend, I was motivated by The Hamptons montage to create a Hamptons DIY packing lesson!


1. Preppy Classic - pastels and little whales printed on fabric encouraged
2. Pack only one beach towel and one bathing suit
3. Have one pair of shoes for day and one for night...and then some flip flops for the beach
4. Adhere to one color palette to maximize outfit options
5. Always bring a pashmina, beaches can get chilly from the wind
6. Pick a purse that can double agent as a beach tote...AND a makeup bag that is also a clutch!




Cardigan
$80 - generalpants.com.au

Nylon top
45 EUR - conleys.de

Ralph Lauren black sleeveless blouse
525 EUR - stylebop.com

TopShop lace top
$70 - topshop.com

Theory coat
$495 - theory.com

Antik Batik long maxi skirt
$408 - shopbop.com

Marc by Marc Jacobs bikini bathing suit
$243 - neimanmarcus.com

Ralph Lauren tan skirt
925 EUR - stylebop.com

Alice Olivia satin short
175 GBP - net-a-porter.com

Honeydew intimate
$38 - nordstrom.com

Hanky Panky panties thong
59 EUR - luisaviaroma.com

Emilio pucci
380 GBP - net-a-porter.com

Diane von Furstenberg bikini bathing suit
98 GBP - matchesfashion.com

Diane von Furstenberg padded bathing suit
110 GBP - net-a-porter.com

Natori Sleepwear plunge bra
$58 - journelle.com

Havaianas mesh shoes
$148 - nordstrom.com

Tory Burch espadrille wedge shoes
$175 - simplysoles.com

Tory Burch flat shoes
$235 - net-a-porter.com

Jimmy Choo wheeled bag
1,995 GBP - net-a-porter.com

Juicy Couture yellow tote
$248 - zappos.com

Hook bag
$56 - neimanmarcus.com

Austique gold plated bracelet
125 GBP - austique.co.uk

Hermes jewelry
$165 - usa.hermes.com

Kate spade necklace
$125 - katespade.com

Tom Ford gradient sunglass
119 GBP - my-wardrobe.com

Levi s fringe scarve
$30 - levi.com

Grey hat
amazon.com


Essie Nail Polish
$8 - nordstrom.com

Essie Nail Polish
$8 - nordstrom.com

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Love your "suitcase!" And the movie was awesome too :)

Tara @ Haute Lunch said...

Great tips! I like to think that I'm pretty good when it comes to packing light, but you have come up with some ideas that would help me out even more! Hopefully I can plan a trip soon so I can put these new packing ideas to use!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I'm definitely going to try this next time I travel. I always end up with like 3-4 different pursed and 5 different pairs of shoes and a suitcase on the verge of exploding :)

SpringColors said...

I can also pack that. I especially love the cardigan.

Fashion Limbo said...

Love the shades of pink and other girlie pastels in this selection, very spring and preppy :)

sherri lynn said...

I love this! I definitely overpacked for my last trip to the beach, but I will try to stick to this when I go again in a couple of weeks!

check out my giveaway!

Elle Sees said...

loveeee to travel so I'm all about a packing list!

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails