Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thank God for Swedes

They have given us wonderful retailing like Ikea and H&M and when I visited Stockholm I found so many great things I could not contain my excitement. Well, Sweden has done it again with an amazing shop I found in Stockholm, Design Torget, it has innovative design products for home and life and I wanted to buy everything in the store...self control was used greatly on this day! Be sure to check out the site, there is so much fun to be had!

"Design Torget is a commercial market place for unique design, for customers and designers that value style, function and innovation." The mission statement is as clear as their slogan, "New, handpicked items. Every week." Design Torget has had a committee select new innovative designer products every week since 1993 when architect Jerry Hellstrรถm started the company. The big seller items remain in the store, but it is nice that there is a frequent circulation of products for admiring customers. Design Torget was born out of, at the time, a week Swedish economy; it saw a need and started a dream.

Bad economies are hard. I have learned that lesson myself this year, through my own unemployment because of the American Economy, but there is opportunity in downward curves. I stand fast to this concept, this is the concept that pulled America to the top in the last World War, and it is what will keep pushing us forward in the coming years of rehabilitation. When you feel like everything has gown wrong, smile, it can only improve. Have hope and work hard.

There is a little something for everyone in the store. Here are some of my favs!



1. Go Green Watering Can
2. Hang Things Vine
3. Pasta Serving Measurer
4. Heart Pot Holder
5. Picture Growth Scale
6. Perfect Egg Timer
7. Candlestick Set
8. Shower Product Organizer
9. Cord Saver

What do you love?





1 comment:

Cafe Fashionista said...

What a clever idea! I really like the Pasta Serving Measurer. I'm constantly making too much pasta that ends up going to waste - this would be a great tool to have in the kitchen!! :)

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails