Friday, June 24, 2011

Diary of a NYC Fashion Intern: Merchandise the Mannequins!

How is your summer getting along darlings? I must say Summer in New York City is positively smashing, between the Alexander McQueen Exhibit at The Met and Shakespeare in the Park to Brunch at Balthazar how is a girl to choose? Fortunately, NYC is always going and so is the work. As my days as an NYC Fashion Intern come to a close I hope you've enjoyed the sneak peak at the bottom of the ladder. 

But sometimes a fashion intern gets a chance to be a bit creative... merchandising the mannequins!


 I did some merchandising for the boutique downstairs. 
From glam rock to pretty princess, it's always fun to dress up the windows!




This was a white dress, that is now modeled on a guitar stand with...
Yeah, studded chucks...nuff said. 


I could not be more in love with this petticoat tutu skirt!


So what are your thoughts on my merchandising skills, not half bad huh?! Too bad its a totally different direction from marketing, it would be a fun side job to merchandise the mannequins all over NYC. Maybe in another life, but this one includes being a NYC Fashion Intern which isn't half bad either :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG how fun! I would love to dress up mannequins all over NYC. Also totally jealous of the Alexander McQueen exhibit. I would kill to see that I bet it is amazing!

The Blonde @ Stylish3 said...

how much fun! Sort of like playing dress up, which I love (of course).

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails