Friday, February 26, 2010

I Heart NYFW

Maybe its because I was raised in America, but darlings I must confess that I believe New York City hosts the best Fashion Week! Granted Paris does give them quite a run for their money, and rightfully so, but as Paris is very elegant, I love that New York showcases an elegance, mixed with edgy spice which is very much my style. The forecast for Fall 2010 is deeply colorful and wonderfully intoxicating, here are my favorites from the Big Apple.

Warm coats.
Nanette Lepore has put everything I love about fall in one ensemble! Layers, plaid, and PUMPKIN! This gorgeous coat is sure to keep you fashionable warm while you sip your apple cider and stroll through Central Park.

Ok so I must admit I have always found Marc Jacobs a little overrated. It seems everything he touched turned to gold at the whims of many a socialite who have yet to decide things for themselves, BUT I was beyond impressed with his F/W10 line. Every piece was elegant and rich, and I was even shocked when he appeared for his bow... no longer the gangley awkward designer in chucks and a t-shirt, he has embraced growing up with a very distinguished suit chic look! This is a new Marc Jacobs I can totally get on board with.

Another good one from Marc Jacobs, this fall it will be all about CLOAKS!! So put on your Victorian mentality and maybe grab a fur muff haha. I'm excited for this elegant revisit.

Loving this wide lapel look by Christian Siriano, very chic for everyday.

Work.
The entire Victoria Beckham line is oozing with lovely classic pieces you could wear to work or out in the city. You will recognize many of the dresses as they are just like the ensembles V dons on a daily basis, chic and streamline. Very classic.

Carolina Herrera has always been a favorite designer of mine. She has such a classic taste but still spices it up, I love the asymmetrical look of this brick red dress.

The always vibrant Anna Sui is certainly in her domain as this Fall will be all about patterns, patterns, patterns! This scarf dress is great as you could very easily transition it from a fun office number to a dinner date by just changing shoes and jewelry.

ADAM made such an interesting look with this volumous dress that I couldn't stop looking at it. Even in a conservative work environment, I'm pretty sure this is still a go, maybe paired with a tiny jacket/blazer for safety.

Woo Hoo Bensoni really knows office chic! And take note of the mini hat adorning the model...can you all please help me bring these back in full force. Lets have the world wearing hats again!

Weekend.
Cynthia Steffe has me coveting the school girl look yet again. Wonderful accordian pleating with over the knee socks, you will be all the rage this fall. (Isn't it wonderfully Clueless)?!

Color, color, color. Thank you Carlos Miel!
This is such a flattering dress, and so vibrant, its perfect.

So this Alice + Olivia ensemble is certainly not for the faint of heart, but I am drooling over it.
I think the feathers are a fun way to accent the (yet again) shoulder pad trend. I am still boycotting shoulder pads...it took me years to rid my mother's closet of them, but I can always get on board with anything feather adorned. And leather is HUGE as you have been seeing, but a box pleated leather skirt? Sign me up!

Although I'm not the biggest fan of jumpers, this one by À Détacher I must say has gotten my attention. I think its because A.its cropped pants and B.its strapless. And take note for the fall velvet is in full swing.

Cocktail
Ok so maybe less applicable for everyday but the girly girl inside of me yearns for pretty dresses to twirl and strut around in. Here's another great one from Marc Jacobs, I told you his line is fab! Plus, loving the long gloves, another thing I wouldn't mind becoming mainstream again.


Marchesa had a very fun line, but I couldn't help but highlight these flirty numbers. And yes, I'm aware the bottom will probably only be worn at some fashion party but I couldn't resist posting yet another example of fashionable tattooage! I've been telling you for quite sometime darlings, tattoos are so haute!

This dress reminded me of a more modest version of Carrie Bradshaw's "Naked Dress" I love how form fitting and sexy it is. Cushnie et Ochs certainly did a great job with the detailing as well.

Asymmetric love is everyone darlings and Naeem Khan gets my gold star for the best final product. I love the idea of only one sleeve, and then with all this cultural embellishment I would just love to paint the town red in this gold frock!

Evening Gowns.
Sparkly and lovely in another Naeem Khan, I thinks its the first long sleeve gown I have loved.

Marchesa made such a seductive number with the sheer trumpet bottom of this gorgeous dress. I could see this easily making the best dressed list of any red carpet event.

Purple is still the raging color and Douglas Hannant has hit the nail on the head in this show stopping number.

This Reem Acra number would make me feel like a modern day fairy tale princess!

Bibhu Mahapatra has me speechless...figuratively of course. I'm still in love with the half gloves and then pairing them with a gown, much like Serena on Gossip Girl, is perfection. One can just get lost in all the detailing in the ruching and draping!

So to recap,
Velvet, gloves, and vibrant colors...
patterns, Victorian, and lots of asymmetry...
shoulders, leather, and over the knee...
What more could a girl ask for to see?

This fall has made sure not to disappoint,
thank you New York for your hard work and wonderful inspiration!

1 comment:

Bored and Crafty said...

I am perhaps one of those people who are die-hard Marc Jacobs fans :)

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails