Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Polish Dream: Part II

I enjoyed learning about how much Poland has overcome in just the past few decades. The Polish People really have made quite a turn around, if you compare the communism oppressed Poland that was actually in our life time, to the now modern thriving city Warsaw is today; the difference is astounding. Here are some of my Warsaw highlights.

This is the symbol of Warsaw and I thought it was a very moving statue as well.
Although it made me think that if Starbucks ever had a sports team...
this would be there mascot!

Some nice parts of downtown Warsaw. In the center square there was a lot of activity going on, but nothing compared to this man with the wind up music cart. I really wish he had a real Capuchin monkey in a fez hat, but alas there was only a stuffed toy and a toy bird. Bummer.

Europe is filled with beautiful churches but I thought this full mural mosaic was really interesting. Mosaics have always interested me, I think its because it is an art I never tried to tackle, but for such a grand scale to actually make such a successful piece of art is amazing.

This alley way had the cutest European hostel which may have been sketchy on the inside but the entrance was awfully charming. Even included a little cafe table and chairs outside the front door for congregating.

More of the charming downtown.

I thought this was the perfect winter picture: bare tree in a winter sky. If I learned anything about Poland it is that it is the coldest place I think I have ever traveled so far. There is a reason them and the Russian's are known for fur coats and hats! Everyone was wearing them, and as they passed I was jealous of them all, they looked so warm compared to my little pea coat!

Where is the coldest place you have been?

2 comments:

Every Little Counts said...

oh, wow. i've always wanted to go to poland...being that i am part polish :)

Fashion Court said...

lovely photos darling! we're expecting a blizzard (i live on the east coast) and i'm FREEZING! haha

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails