Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Guest Blogger: LA Shopping from Blonde Episodes

I have another lovely Guest Blogger for you my darlings. Kori from Blonde Episodes is here to bring you the nitty gritty of LA Shopping. When traveling, I love, love, LOVE finding unique stores to scour for interesting souvenirs...no I do not mean stuffed Gorillas with a catchy quip on their t-shirt. I mean souvenirs (meaning: To Remember en Francais!), something that I love in general that is local and unique to the area I have explored, and can bring back with me to make an impact on my closet or my home decor. 

So without further ado, the superbe guest blogger, Blonde Episodes...

Walking in LA

Hey it’s Kori here of Blonde Episodes.  My friend Jessica of The Embellished Life asked me to share some shopping tips with you!  I’m so honored to be here, and to discuss one of my favorite topics: shopping!

Los Angeles is full of boutiques and vintage stores.  It’s one of the reasons I love the city so much.  Although LA has a much more casual style than somewhere like New York, we have our ideas about what’s trendy, funky, and fashionable.

So let’s get started.  These are some of my favorite stores in and around LA:

 1. American Rag Compagnie—150 S. La Brea Avenue Los Angeles 

This is such an amazing store!  First of all, it’s right in the middle of so many fantastic stores.  Secondly, they have great jeans, tops, and shoes that you won’t find anywhere else.  The prices range, but if you’re looking for urban, relaxed style, this is the place.  They also carry several vintage jewelry pieces.

2. Tarina Tarantino—7957 Melrose Avenue Los Angeles

There are two locations in L.A. for this shop.  If you aren’t familiar with Tarantino’s accessories, you are in for a treat.  Rhinestones, flowers, and skulls are just some of the embellishments you’ll see on her rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. 

3. Wasteland—7428 Melrose Avenue Los Angeles

There are several locations in Los Angeles for Wasteland, but this is the one I like the best.  This is the most amazing vintage store.  You can find rare pieces, or even sell your old pieces back to them and get something new.  A lot of the celebrities have been known to shop here and someone even saw Megan Fox recently!

4. Kitson—115 South Robertson Boulevard Los Angeles

You’ve probably heard of Kitson before.  Several of the celebrities shop there, especially since they have mens and childrens wear as well.  This is a really fun place to browse.  They have a lot of cool trinkets and things to look at.  You also never know who you’re going to run into.

5. Bootstar—8493 Sunset Boulevard West Hollywood

Of all the places I chose, this is by far my favorite.  Bootstar is off Sunset, which I love, and has the most eclectic, amazing cowboy boots you could ever ask for.  They feature different, colorful boots that you might not find anywhere else, especially in California.  Old Gringos are my favorite.

Hope you can get out and visit some of these fabulous boutiques.  You can hit them all in one day, since they’re so close together.  I can’t wait to see what you get! 
Love, Kori 

FABULOUS! I cannot wait to make my maiden voyage to our West Coast counterpart. LA shopping is something I feel every fashionista should experience. And I personally want to check out Wasteland and Bootstar wicked bad! A big thank you to Kori for such a great insider's look for travel fashion!

Be sure to follow Blonde Episodes
                   and on Twitter @BlondeEpisodes
                               and on Facebook: Blonde Episodes

5 comments:

Kori said...

Thank you so much for featuring me honey! The post came out wonderful! I hope you have a fantastic day! Kori xoxo

blondeepisodes.com

Modernity Collective said...

Wow! Next time I make the drive over the desert from Las Vegas to LA, i totally have to hit those stores! I also hit Wasteland while I'm there... that's a must!

I found the link to your blog through Blonde Episodes! I'd appreciate it if you would check out the new blog I just started called The Modern Life. I think you'll like it!

thanks! x.x. adair nicole


Click Here for The Modern Life by Adair Nicole

Unknown said...

Great post Kori! And what a fun blog. I'm a follower.

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

Oh what a great post I love Kori's blog. This makes me want to go shopping and move to LA

Write it in Lipstick

Angie said...

Hi Jessica! Just found you today from Blonde Episodes and I really enjoyed Kori's post. I am your newest follower~ love for you to pop on over for a return visit! Angie

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails