Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding: Live from Times Square NYC

Well darlings, my alarm went off quite early this morning but it was totally worth it, as I got to watch The Royal Wedding of William and Catherine, Live from Times Square NYC!! Not usually a morning person, it did take some thought before deciding that getting to Times Square at 5am would be worth it, but after all it has been 29 years since the last royal wedding (and I did not get to see that one). After months of designer speculation on Women's Wear Daily, I was excited to see that Alexander McQueen (my favorite) was the chosen designer for the royal wedding gown!


I watched the royal wedding, live in Times Square NYC in the VIP tent of TLC Network! Full of English tea, scones, and beautiful modern Brit decor, the VIP tent was a nice atmosphere to view the royal wedding for such an early time in the morning.



The dress, designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen, was reminiscent of Grace Kelly's wedding dress when she became Princess Grace of Monaco. Although the custom lace design remained very reminiscent of McQueen's signature prints, the dress was most definitely toned down from the normal avant-garde look of the line, but I believe this had a lot to do with Kate's simplistic, classic style.


My favorite moment of the royal wedding was when Kate began walking down the aisle and you can see Prince Harry take a peak of her and tell Prince William how she looks. It was such an intimate brotherly moment that was so nice to witness. 


"Be who God meant you to be and 
you will set the world on fire." 
- St. Catherine of Sienna



After the royal wedding, TLC's Say Yes to the Dress performed 3 live weddings as well as a fashion show with the past brides of the show in Times Square. Oh and the lovely Colbie Caillat performed! It was certainly a memorable way to experience the royal wedding. And now my dears, this fashionista is off to catch up on some zzz's, enjoy your royally enchanted day!


Congratulations to 
Prince William and Princess Catherine!

8 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling!
Love your look!

xoxox,
CC

Fashion Is Passion by Poison said...

Every girl would dream to have such a wedding

Poison

brunatreme said...

ohh I wish I had watched the royal wedding :(, but it will probably be on the web, so I'll watch one way or another hahha
lovely outfit by the way :)

xxx

lorenabr said...

I was watching last night and it was great! Love the dress!

Unknown said...

I was glued to the tv the whole day yesterday! :) So beautiful! :) Btw thanks for your comment and I'd love to guest post for you! Just drop me a mail about details!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

What a beautiful tribute post to the union of the royal couple. You look incredible, my love! :)

Mallory In New York said...

Hey, thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I agree, Blake is farr prettier as a blonde!

So you were in Times Square? That's awesome! I would have loved to see it live, but.... 5AM? That's quite a commitment! Lol. :)

http://malloryinnewyork.blogspot.com

Tara @ Haute Lunch said...

What a fun place to watch the wedding! You look fabulous, especially for that time in the morning!

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails