Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bryant Park Baby!

Ahhh...now that New York City Fashion Week has come and gone in a whirlwind of chaotic bliss lets see what trends it left behind! Candidates rolling us into the new decade for Spring and Summer 2010 are..
*photo compliments of style.com*
Flirty, fun, colorful dresses. Not super surprising, but it is the reason I look forward to Spring after all. Viviene Tam does an outstanding job bringing us the perfect girly spring dress. Funny thing is, I am not a very 60s-70s girl, but I love how she captured the essence of those decades and put them into a garment I would love to get my hands on!
*photo compliments of fashionweekdaily.com*
Old school menswear...redone. There are always menswear trends year round in fashion, and I usually like them all. But Ralph Lauren really WOWed me with this one. A lot of the suits this year had a very old school 40s vibe that I loved, but Ralph took it even farther to a Knicker Suit! What??!! Love it. How perfect is this for Spring? A fitted womanly three piece suit, except with cropped pants to match the warming weather and hot heels reminiscent of oxfords. I am so excited to find a pair of these!
*photo compliments of style.com*
1950s Romance. I always love the Badgley Mischka line, they seem to pull everything off with the right amount of elegance and girliness to consistently impress me. This season is no exception! Again with the classic 40s shorts, like in my earlier Oscar de la Renta post, but paired with a kimono inspired top. Again with the plunging neckline to balance out the extra fabric, and belted in a way that feels like I found a way for my fun winter capelet to turn into a flirty Spring top! Date night in April...I can't wait!
.

No comments:

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails