Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy May from France

At the request of my American in France Blogger friend Sarah from Passport Smiles, I am going to start posting some of my experiences here in France. This past Saturday was the 1st of May which is a bank holiday in France, essentially a Labor Day, and about the whole country takes off. I had met a friend in town for a drink at one of the few cafes open and afterwards wandered around the art museum that I had parked near. This is the thing about Europe, it is just so beautiful, I never get tired of all this beautiful architecture, its incredible!


On my way back to my car there was a big group of people in the museum courtyard wearing these sumo costumes and running around hugging people. We have the "Free Hug" thing in America, and I always love finding little pieces of America here.



Quite frankly though, I was extremely surprised to see this here! I am huge hugger, everyone that knows me, knows they are going to hug me. One of the big adjustments with being in France is I don't touch anyone...ever. In France they do the kiss-kiss on the cheek which is minimal contact, and that's it, even with close friends. The first four months of my stay here I was so depressed and I realized this was one of the factors causing it.


Then on my way back home, still smiling from my hug, I realized another thing I love about France; just when you think you have seen every beautiful thing a city has to offer, you make a wrong turn and drive up to something like this! I pulled my car into an immediate parking place and hopped out to grab some quick shots (this is the reason I am always packing some sort of camera in my bag of tricks).


*all photos are property of Embellished*

My little point and shoot really don't do any of these buildings justice, but I'm glad I had it with me so I could share with you guys! So although I did not enjoy all the shopping options being closed on a Saturday, it turned out to be quite a nice day. I hope your 1st of May was just as nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, enjoy the architecture and take lots of photos to share.

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails