Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mommy Day!

Life cycles are interesting things to think about when it comes to days like Mother's Day, especially when looking back at old pictures. This picture was taken of my mom when she was in college, and its funny to think of my mom before me, a carefree woman in her early twenties experiencing life like I am now. Then its surreal to think of how one day it will be my turn, as my future family won't be able to comprehend my life before "dad" and a life that centered around me rather than putting their needs first. My mother is one of the most self sacrificing people I know, always caring for others, shopping for herself last, in fact, its nice to finally see her begin to start doing things for herself now that her children are basically grown.


So this post is dedicated to you Mom, thanks for always (and still) supporting me in any venture I decided to throw myself into, whether it was staying up late painting school projects or lending a shoulder when a boy had broken my heart, you have been amazing through and through and words just can't come close to touching an explanation for you. I love you so much and cannot wait to see you daily when I move back from France.

xoxo,

your baby

What does your Mother mean to you darlings?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jessica, this post made me cry.
That is what a mom is all about. Doing for others (your children) rather than yourself.
Out of all my early picture I was surprised to see this one. Not even sure where it was taken.

My love is always and forever with you, in whatever adventure you life takes you down.

XOXO Mom

Debbie Petras said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom. Have known your mom since she was born, I think she's great! She used to do sleep overs at my house with my little sister Christine.

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails