Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Red Carpet Fashion: Best Dressed and Worst

A ritual girl's night commenced last night as the Oscar's 83rd award ceremony was held. Of course the only reason I watch it is for the Red Carpet Fashion...who was the best dressed and who was the worst dressed? Here's my rundown:

THE BEST DRESSED...
 Anne Hathaway did a nice job hosting the Oscars and began the night in a stunning Archival Valentino gown...and standing here with the Emperor himself I'd say its a big YES!

Little Hailee Steinfeld (Supporting Actress Nom) made her Red Carpet debut in a stunning Marchesa gown. And might I say, refreshingly age appropriate, she was the essence of beauty in a lovely styled updo and clean makeup. Bravo!

I loved Scarlet Johannason (as I usually do) in her fitted feminine choices, and this Dolce & Gabbana was no exception!

Oprah was full-figured perfection in her hour glass Zac Posen

Amy Adams has quickly become my favorite Red Carpet lady. I am already a big fan of navy blue as evening luxe but this L'Wren Scott was to die for and then topped of with $1.3million of Cartier jewels...a girl could do worse!


Jennifer Hudson had my jaw dropped as she strutted the Red Carpet in this Atelier Verasace
Her new body has definitely been the talk of the town (although I personally feel she has gotten a little too skinny) but in this classic red number it is the perfect nod to the golden age of Hollywood.

AND THE WINNER IS....
BEST DRESSED in my opinion was by far Mila Kunis in this stunning Elie Saab (go figure - he is my fav)!
Modern and interesting yet elegant and refined Mila was a supreme example of red Carpet decadence!

And now for the worst dressed...

Although I have heard mixed reviews about Cate Blanchett's Givenchy gown, I have to say I am not a fan. It has beginnings of things I might like, but the overly boxy beaded embroidery feels like its trying too hard and the empty frame on her chest that just leaves you wanting...of what I'm not sure...I just couldn't wrap my understanding around this one. 

 
As far as styling goes, I must say Gwenyth Paltrow more than disappointed me. First in this streamlined Calvin Klein Collection and then in what could be a nice Michael Kors she seems to have just slipped into her gowns after a day of errands at the mall. Straight, forgotten hair, and an overly tanned, blond mix made me feel like she was channeling Red Carpet Barbie rather than Oscar winning extraordinaire. 

AND THE WORST DRESSED WINNER IS...
 Melissa Leo, Winning Supporting Actress for The Fighter, accepted her speach dropping the F Bomb, mirroring her choice in fashion taste as well. As Tim Gunn was interviewing her on the Red Carpet I was at a loss of words for the stiff doily by Marc Bouwer, she had decided as her Big Night Gown!
{All photos thanks to Just Jared}


To end on a happy note, as I am almost never negative on my blog, please enjoy the opening video number to the Oscar's by hosts Anne Hathaway and James Franco. I thought it was quite funny and perfect for the night.



Who was your Best and Worst darlings?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more with your best dressed picks! Hailee Steinfeld and Mila Kunis looked beyond phenomenal.

I think Cate Blanchett had beautifully styled hair and makeup, much better than usual, but the dress certainly fell short.

SO glad someone else agreed with me about Gwenyth Paltrow's look! I am so bored with her straight flat hair.

April of Smidge Of This said...

I agree with you on both Mila Kunis and also Melissa Leo. And speaking of Gwyneth (whose acting I am usually a fan of) - is it just me, or was that song pretty painful?!

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails