Christmas is my favorite holiday, so I go into Christmas decoration mode as soon as the Macy's Santa comes strolling down Broadway to Herald Square. So for my Black Friday, I strolled up Columbus Avenue to Michael's Arts & Crafts to get a couple tools to begin transforming my apartment into a winter wonderland. I began my DIY by turning my little Fall pumpkins into winter white pumpkins!
DIY Christmas Decorations: winter white pumpkins is a great project because it allows you to extend the life of your little Autumn gems...so here's what you'll need:
craft paint (cream/off-white)
fine pixie glitter (white)
1. Paint the pumpkin white (except the base)
2. Let dry for 5-10 minutes
3. Flip over and paint base.
4. Let dry for 5-10 minutes.
**Repeat steps 1-4 for a second coat of paint**
5. Rub thin layer of Elmer's glue all over pumpkin with fingers.
6. Shake glitter on pumpkin immediately (over a clean-up paper). Be sure to coat evenly!
7. Allow to dry and then decorate chez vous!
I always love finding new DIY Christmas decorations for my home and this was first time attempting the winter white pumpkins. They turned out so great and took no time at all. I can't to show you the rest of my DIY Christmas decoration projects I have going on right now... so stay tuned!
What are you doing to DIY for Christmas?