Making it Your Own
Edited by Vahni of Grit & Glamour
Wow...I'm a Links à la Mode editor...can you believe it?! So thrilled to have the opportunity to discover new blogs and compelling posts to share with all of you. That said, give me two minutes in the pulpit, and my "better blog" sermon starts welling up, totally involuntarily. So allow me a moment to share what I am looking for when I review submissions. It's pretty simple: Be creative and original, tie your post into beauty or fashion, use proper grammar and punctuation (spellcheck and proofread before publishing), and credit your photo sources. Always.
And on to the list...bloggers were in deep thought this week, pondering ethical fashion and feminism, male gaze and Marthettes. But in case you need to escape the heavy stuff, there is: denim! Happy reading, and as you peruse and comment on this week's posts, why stop there? For every comment you leave, why not check out the blog of the person who commented above you and comment there too? It's a great way to expand your mind—and your readership.
Links à la Mode: March 10th
- ALinetoZ: An Open Letter to High-Waisted Jeans
- Arash Mazinani: How ethical are you when it comes to fashion? A look at the hypocrisy often involved in being ethical in fashion.
- Beyond Fabric: Men's daily essentials—inside one man's bag holdall.
- Corinne Monique: Cellissimo: a music-meets-fashion photoshoot inspired by high fashion ad campaigns.
- Dress With Courage: Are you more likely to buy something if the model looks like you?
- Designed By Ann: Reading glasses are suddenly fashionable—so here are makeup tips for girls who wear glasses.
- Free Honey: On moving to wordress.org: 5 must-know tips for new bloggers.
- Fishmonkey: On The Man Repeller, the male gaze, and its role in shaping fashion choices.
- Grit & Glamour: Klout: What it is and Why it Matters
- Holier than Now: Spring's Most Beautiful Lace Looks—5 Ways for < $50
- In Her Stilettos: How to organize your jewelry while traveling—cheaply and stylishly.
- Made-to-Travel: Asos Africa—the incredible ethical makers of this gorgeous line—oh! and it's on sale!
- Melina Bee: Life and style tips inspired by Sophia Loren.
- Obsessive Coolness: On the relationship—or surprising lack thereof—between talent and success in fashion blogging.
- Oranges And Apples: Thoughts on Marthettes, blogging about 'feminine' stuff, and perfection.
- Pretty Shiny Sparkly: A chic and easy way to wear the double denim trend.
- Sidewalk Chic: Six ways to showcase accessories in outfit photos.
- Sugar and Spice: Natalie Portman is effortlessly eco-chic at an Oscars after-party—in an inexpensive dress that hits H&M next month.
- Trés Awesome: The weather may be crappy but that didn't stop people from being out and about with their bright and beautiful umbrellas.
- Try It On Me: The resurgence of the denim shirt—not just for cowboys!
Shopbop Jeans: Citizen's, Seven's, Juicy, Joe's, Hudsons, Paige, James Jeans, Vince, True Religion, J Brand, & Siwy