Monday, April 16, 2012

Barefoot Sandals and a Gypsy Spirit

After playing frisbee barefoot in Central Park this past gorgeous New York City weekend, my inkling for some foot jewelry became stronger. I can't say I'm much of a gypsy spirit but I do think barefoot sandals have quickly rose to the top of my Must Have list. I saw the idea over a decade ago in a wedding magazine for a barefoot beach wedding and the idea has always stuck with me. I was reminded when the recent Free People catalogue arrived at my apartment. 


The Free People barefoot sandals are a bit too costumey for my taste. I don't want to look like a Holly Hobby Hippie. However I found myself turning to Etsy to solve this gypsy inspired jewelry dilemma and oh the options it provided...

Source: etsy.com via Jessica on Pinterest
 

Source: etsy.com via Jessica on Pinterest
 

There were barefoot sandals on the more jewelry side of the spectrum. These personally keep more of that gypsy spirit to me, and I do like them, however I wonder if they would be as comfortable as the crocheted option which feels more like a hippie. 

Source: etsy.com via Jessica on Pinterest
 

I do believe these cream ones are my favorite, however I can't help but pine over these elaborate black ones. This Etsy shop has caught my eye before but this seems a more useful option from their selection. At $53 dollars it is also on the more expensive side than the other $15-20 options, but they are fun to look at... so intricately woven. 

Source: etsy.com via Jessica on Pinterest
 

So do your feet have the gypsy spirit 
that mine long for this summer? 

Will you be buying some barefoot sandals? 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, I wasn't going to because they seemed impractical but these are SO gorgeous I am totally going to buy a couple of pairs now.

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails