Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fashionspiration | New York City Downtown Fashion

Our New York City Spring weather has been doing the tango lately, beautiful and warm one day, then a kick you in the face wind and frigid temps the next. As a result I have been spotted lugging heavy coats around town to be prepared for such an occurrence. But regardless, I try to do so in style and this outfit is definitely a fav to say the least. Vintage rocker tee paired with girly skirt and heels? Now that is New York City Downtown fashion, the rocker chic that I love so much. 

I stopped by the Meatpacking District for coffee with my friend Lord Ashbury and he snapped some shots while we hung out. He takes amazing photos and you should make his site a regular stop for some serious fashionspiration from New York City's Finest...Fashionistas that is.

I do have to give credit to my new hue for the edge in this ensemble. I'm telling you, no matter what shade of red I go, I stand by my theory Red Heads Have the Most Fun!
Outfit Outline: 
Vintage style Rolling Stones tee, Target. 
Accordian pleat skirt, Banana Republic.
Vintage wool coat with rabbit trim.
Fringe boots, Steve Madden

 New York City downtown fashion is easy. Start with something casual, add something girly. 
I prefer pops of really bright color. Layer on lots of embellished things, frige, studs, ruffles, etc. 
Top with fur... and heels!

Oh and these are my new round sunnies! I Love them, don't you? They are very fully clothed Lady Gaga.  Although I must confess, I am the worst at remembering my sunnies. I use them as purely an accessory and I often leave the house without a thought to jewelry or eyewear...terrible fashionista, I know! 

Do you rock the New York City downtown fashion?

No comments:

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails