Friday, April 13, 2012

One More Time with Feeling | Broadway Inspired Fashion

I've been whistling the tunes of my favorite Broadway songs in my apartment the last few days and it got me thinking about the fashionspiration you could pull straight out of the bright lights of Broadway. So one more time with feeling here is some great Broadway inspired fashion you can pull into your modern everyday style.



Menswear

Newsies and A Chorus Line Inspiration
The vested tuxedo feel of menswear is used directly in Newsies, as well as the glitter version in A Chorus Line. I personally love rocking a menswear look in my wardrobe. It feels empowering and sassy all at the same time.



1950's
1950s Broadway Inspiration
The full skirts of the 1950's probably make for a Broadway costume designer favorite since they are dramatic and still free for the dancers' choreography. I added a fedora which of course would have been what the men wore but hey how cute is a fedora with a sundress and wedges? Broadway inspired fashion is just that, inspired, so you don't have to be literal like a costume.


What show gives you 
Broadway inspired fashion?

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails