Thursday, August 18, 2011

French Musicians to Discover

Bonjour tout la monde! I have been obsessively scouring iTunes, YouTube, and Google over the past week in search of new cool French musicians to get stuck in my head. The results have been pretty great, although it has resulted in very late nights...very late. You see, with an American iTunes account I can only get so far, and since I can no longer listen to French radio during my daily commute, I had to make an effort myself.

Here are some French musicians I am selecting out of my YouTube playlist that you should definitely check out ASAP!

Greg Laffargue kind've has a Jason Mraz feel, happy and laid back.


Sofia Essaidi is so much fun...not to mention super adorable in this video.


Thomas Pradeau is one of those musicians who you instantly love.


Zaz has this amazing soulful voice that is rare these days. This is her doing an impressive cover of an Edith Piaf song, but her original music is definitely worth checking out as well.


Which French musician will be 
added to your playlist mes cheris? 

3 comments:

Liesl said...

Woo Hoo for French artists!!! I have learning French fluently on my life to do list! My mother used to teach at Berlitz in Paris and I know the basics, but perhaps listening to some of this music would help too! Greg Laffargue is one of my fiancés favorite artists!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your super sweet comment! I an loving the name of you blog...just lovely!

Liesl :)

hi-d said...

So funny that you would post this, because recently, I have been wanting to french artists. I'm gonna have to check out some of these videos. Cool!!!

Thanks again for stopping by my blog. Always fun to meet new people. :)

hi-d

Jessica said...

So glad you guys like them!! Listening to the music and watching French films def help speaking the language.

French was on my bucket list too!! That is why I lived in France for a year to learn it!

Copyright Rigmarole

Art is a product of original thought, creative compilation, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears...so please, please do not copy the content posted on this blog without permission.

Many photos are the property of Jessica Kelly Photography although not all are ghost marked, please do not use content unless an appropriate hyperlink back is created. And please shoot me an email... I like to spread the content love as a community.

I have tried to credit any outside content pulled as best I can. If you see anything miss credited please feel free to let me know so that I can fix that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails